Seaven is committed to the safe transportation of oil and cement products, the safety of our seafarers, the protection of the marine environment and the giving back to society.
The commitment of Seaven to operate a safe and environmentally friendly fleet has enabled the Company to have very low injury incidents and no incidents of cargo spillage since the founding of the Company in 2003. By adhering to the strictest safety and environmental standards, Seaven is in position to maintain long-term relationships with both employees and customers.
The implementation of the Seaven Integrated Management System has been developed to ensure that we meet the expectations of our customers within the safety framework. We use a variety of management tools, including the following:
Health, Safety and Environmental policy. Based to our company’s policy, we are committed to provide healthy and safe working conditions, to promote safety, to have pollution-free and environmentally safe operating practices.
Main objectives are:
• Zero level of accidents for Personnel, Machinery, Installation and Cargo.
• Zero tolerance to pollution of Air, Water and Sound.
• Promotion of a corporate culture of commitment, within a healthy and safe working environment.
To achieve these objectives, our Company safeguards that:
• The policies are understood, implemented and maintained, at all levels, within the organization.
• All of our employees, at all levels, comply strictly with the policies, standards and instructions set and perform their duties within safe and healthy working conditions and with responsibility towards the protection of the environment.
• Membership in marine environmental groups.
• Monitoring of safety performance data: among other key indicators, Seaven measures time since last time-loss accident on board.
• Crew recruitment, training, development and accident assessment. Towards the sustainable, continuous development of Seaven, qualified seafarers are recruited, adequate training and development is continuously provided to our marine personnel and the safety of the working conditions exceeds the standards governing the shipping industry. Our recruitment procedures are in line with OCIMF requirements and with the applicable Officers Matrix requirements.